If you would like a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it by clicking here.
If you choose to email completed forms back to the Financial Aid office, please be sure to ATTACH them to the email so that we can access them. You may also fax them to our secure digital fax server at 828-262-2585, or mail them to ASU Box 32059, Boone NC 28608.
Verification is not a standard process for every student and not all forms are requested for each student in verification. Complete the necessary forms in this category ONLY if requested to do so.
Verification Forms for the 2019-2020 Academic Year, Including Summer 2020
Print and complete the required forms and return to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Be sure that all forms include signatures. E-Signatures are not available for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Forms for Dependent Students
- Dependent Student Verification Worksheet (PDF, 149 KB)
- Parent Nonfiler Form (PDF, 126 KB) - Only use if your parent(s) did not file 2017 taxes.
- Dependent Verification of Separation Form (PDF, 156 KB)
- Dependent Student Nonfiler Form (PDF, 213 KB) - Only use if you did not file 2017 taxes.
Forms for Independent Students
- Independent Student Verification Worksheet (PDF, 154 KB)
- Independent Verification of Separation Form (PDF, 283 KB)
- Independent Student NonFiler Form (PDF, 224 KB) - Only use if you and/or your spouse did not file 2017 taxes.
Only submit these forms when requested.
- Verification of Asset Data - (PDF, 236 KB)
- Support Statement - (PDF, 255 KB)
- Citizenship Affidavit - (PDF, 298 KB) Use this form if you cannot appear to the Financial Aid office in person with your Proof of Citizenship documentation
- Drug Question Worksheet for Question 23 of the FAFSA (PDF, 210 KB) - Use this form if FAFSA question 23 was left blank, if you answered that you have had any drug convictions, or if you answered that you are not eligible to receive financial aid
- Statement of Identity and Educational Purpose (PDF, 164 KB) - If you cannot acquire a notary signature, please visit our office with the required documentation and we will assist you.