Effective May 2015, the Federal Student Aid PIN is being replaced by the FSA ID. Instead of a pin you will have a username and password going forward to log into FAFSA.gov, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS.ED.gov), StudentLoans.gov, and other portals you might access for your financial aid needs. Please review the complete instructions:
The 2015 Summer Sessions Financial Aid Application is available on your AppalNet account. If you plan to enroll in courses over the summer and wish to apply for financial aid, you must complete this online application. To submit the application, follow these instructions:
1. Log into your AppalNet account.
2. Click on the Financial Aid tab.
3. Click on the Financial Aid Summer Sessions Application at the bottom of the menu.
4. Thoroughly complete the application and submit it. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
5. Be sure that you have completed the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must have submitted the FAFSA to Appalachian before you can fill out the summer sessions application.
You may have read that a new regulation restricts the amount of time that a student may qualify for subsidized loans. Do you know if this affects you? Click here to find out.
Mon- Fri 8:00-5:00
Counselor Meeting Hours
*Updated Hours for Summer
10:00-12:00 and 1:30-4:00
Hours to meet with Veterans' Coordinator/Counselor:
No appointment necessary.