Effective May 2015, the Federal Student Aid PIN is being replaced by the FSA ID. Instead of a pin you will have a username and password going forward to log into FAFSA.gov, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS.ED.gov), StudentLoans.gov, and other portals you might access for your financial aid needs. Please review the complete instructions:
The 2015 Summer Sessions Financial Aid Application is available on your AppalNet account. If you plan to enroll in courses over the summer and wish to apply for financial aid, you must complete this online application. To submit the application, follow these instructions:
1. Log into your AppalNet account.
2. Click on the Financial Aid tab.
3. Click on the Financial Aid Summer Sessions Application at the bottom of the menu.
4. Thoroughly complete the application and submit it. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
5. Be sure that you have completed the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must have submitted the FAFSA to Appalachian before you can fill out the summer sessions application.
The Financial Aid office has begun processing FAFSA's for the 2015-2016 aid year.
If you have submitted a FAFSA with Appalachian State's school code (002906) you should now see a Financial Aid tab on your self-service AppalNet account that allows you to look at the "Award Year 2015-2016". You may see requirements or messages at this point. Please be sure to monitor your AppalNet account and your AppState email regularly for updates to your 2015-2016 financial aid record.Read more
Mon- Fri 8:00-5:00
Counselor Meeting Hours
Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri
8:30-12:00 and 1:30-4:00
10:00-12:00 and 1:30-4:00
Hours to meet with Veterans' Coordinator/Counselor:
No appointment necessary.