Please join us for FAFSA Day on Saturday October 28th, 9:00 am - 12:00 noon...
The Financial Aid Office will hold a FAFSA Day on Saturday, October 28 on the second floor of the John E. Thomas building. Financial Aid advisors will be available from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon to provide assistance with completing the FAFSA and to answer any FAFSA related questions. You can register to attend FAFSA day through the College Foundation of NC website or simply come by during the event hours.
The FAFSA is now available for the 2018-19 academic year! If you do not already have an FSA ID needed to submit your FAFSA, please create one at https://fsaid.ed.gov. Then go to FAFSA.gov to submit your FAFSA. The school code for App State is 002906.
Also, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available for the 2018-19 FAFSA, and allows students and parents to transfer tax information directly into the FAFSA. When using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for the 2018-19 FAFSA please retrieve 2016 tax information from the IRS.
By accepting your financial aid award package, you've agreed to respond to any communications from the Office of Student Financial Aid by:
- checking your ASU e-mail at least twice a week,
- setting your AppalNet preferences to receive announcements from the Office of Student Financial Aid,
- checking your AppalNet announcements at least twice a week,
- reading the Official University News and Announcements for financial aid announcements in The Appalachian,
- reviewing your financial aid data on the web on your AppalNet account, and
- abiding by your financial aid award package terms and conditions.
By following these steps you will be well informed of any financial aid deadlines, special announcements, reminders, and important issues.
If you are a dependent student, you may want to share any financial aid announcements with your parent(s).