Refunds from Student Accounts for the Fall Semester will begin after Friday 8/18/17. Please always monitor your AppalNet account for the status of your financial aid, refunds, and other important updates. For specific questions about refunds please visit https://studentaccounts.appstate.edu/refunds.
The Financial Aid office is currently experiencing extremely high call and email volumes. We are working diligently to answer both phone and email requests. Our current status as of Friday August 4, 2017: Our phone system is experiencing waits beyond 20 minutes and some calls are being dropped unfortunately, and we have a few days backlog of emails. We want to make you aware of the these timeframes in anticipation of trying to meet your needs. Other ways to reach us or find information:
- Please check this website for information or required forms.
- Monitor your AppalNet account and AppState email regularly for updates and specific messages about your situation.
- Email questions to us at email@example.com.
- If you have documents to turn into this office you may also attach those to emails for firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to our secure digital fax server at 828-262-2585.
- You are welcome to visit our office between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.Monday through Friday to turn in documents. If you need to talk with a financial aid counselor, counselors see students on a walk-in basis from 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on Wednesday when it is 10:00-5:00).
Thank you for your patience during this very busy processing time!
Some important dates for the start of the Fall 2017 semester:
- Fall bills are due August 8th
- Financial Aid will be posted to students' accounts on August 15th
- Refunds from Student Accounts will begin August 17th (sign up for Direct Deposit at https://studentaccounts.appstate.edu/refunds)
- Black & Gold Convocation is August 21st
- Classes begin August 22nd
**UPDATE AS OF APRIL 24, 2017** The IRS Data Retrieval Tool, which allows students and parents to transfer tax information directly to the FAFSA, will be unavailable for an extended period of time, based on an announcement from the U.S. Department of Education and the Internal Revenue Service.
In the meantime, if you have a requirement for Verification of Tax information, please submit a signed copy of the 2015 Tax Return. This should be signed in ink, and have the student's school (Banner) ID on the return. See updated instructions on our Verification page.
By accepting your financial aid award package, you've agreed to respond to any communications from the Office of Student Financial Aid by:
- checking your ASU e-mail at least twice a week,
- setting your AppalNet preferences to receive announcements from the Office of Student Financial Aid,
- checking your AppalNet announcements at least twice a week,
- reading the Official University News and Announcements for financial aid announcements in The Appalachian,
- reviewing your financial aid data on the web on your AppalNet account, and
- abiding by your financial aid award package terms and conditions.
By following these steps you will be well informed of any financial aid deadlines, special announcements, reminders, and important issues.
If you are a dependent student, you may want to share any financial aid announcements with your parent(s).