Welcome! If you are interested in attending Appalachian (or currently attend) and want to apply for financial aid, please follow the steps below. The drop-down menu on the left contains additional resources and guidance.
Step 1: If you have not yet done so, apply for admission to Appalachian State University
Step 2: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Filling out the FAFSA form can be a straightforward, simple process. See the instruction linked in the left-hand menu for step-by-step instructions!
- The priority filing date is March 1st. Students who complete the FAFSA by the priority date are given first consideration for need-based assistance. Students should submit their FAFSA and any other requested information as early as possible in order to optimize aid eligibility.
- ASU's school code is 002906
Step 3: Monitor your student AppalNet account for any additional requirements or missing documents.
- We may need additional documentation to complete your application such as verification of Selective Service Registration, income information, or confirmation of independent student status.
- This user guide (PDF, 577 KB) shows you how to find information on requirements within AppalNet.
- This user guide (PDF, 625 KB) shows you how to grant Parent Access to your financial aid portal.
To become more familiar with your financial aid options, check out the FAFSA4Caster!