We will begin processing financial aid for Summer 2020 during the spring semester.
More information and communications related to this will be available soon!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS about Summer Financial Aid:
- You must submit a 2019-2020 FAFSA with Appalachian's school code (002906) in order to be considered for summer aid.
- If you already have a FAFSA on file, we will use your existing application, no need to complete it again.
- In order to be eligible for summer financial aid, you must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- You can split up the 6 hours any way you like - 3 in each summer session or 6 in one session and 0 in the other!
- All courses must be registered by the Summer Session I drop-add date (May 27th, 2020), even if the courses do not begin until Summer Session II.
- For financial aid purposes, summer sessions are considered 'trailers' – the last term of the academic year. This means that the financial aid you received in the Fall and Spring semesters of the academic year, may influence your eligibility for summer aid. (For example, if you used all of your federal loan eligibility in the fall and spring semesters, you will not have a federal loan offer available for summer)