Consent to Release Records

In order for us to discuss a student's financial aid information with a parent, the student must have on record a Consent to Release Records with the Office of the Registrar.

Further information on parental access can be found on the Parent Access Page of the Registrar's Office website.

This user guide (PDF, 625 KB) can also show you how to grant parent access from your AppalNet.

The Office of Student Financial Aid is committed to protecting students information according to the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and the University's policy on accessing student records.

This information can be reviewed at the FERPA and Student Records Access information page which includes a step by step on how to setup parental access.